Monday, September 21, 2009

Publishing

Good news from an e-mail last week--a story of mine has been accepted by The Main Street Rag, a literary journal out of N. Carolina. You'd think I would've been elated, but it was met with mixed feelings at first, as I was just about ready to tear into the piece again, make it better. . . But then I realized, I had set it free; I had felt it was strong and good enough to go out into the world . . . It is no different, really, from the bouquets I make for the market every weekend-- I could fuss and fuss over them til the cows come home (which I learned spending summers on my grandparents' farm, may be never, til you chase them down). Comes a time you have to let your creations stand on their own. And if you've tried your best, someone will treasure them.

No comments:

Post a Comment